The blog of Tobin

Tobins nerd blog on .NET, Software, Tech and Nice Shiny Gadgets.

Monday, January 03, 2005

Loving the Pocket PC Gadgets...


I've been chatting to Thomas Hansen this morning, and we've been talking about mobile devices and stuff. Actually, to be honest, Thomas has been telling me lots of things and I've been dribbling at the technology and possibilities. Thomas has been working on an enterprise ERP system in .NET which includes support for the Pocket PC, so he seems very up to date on all this stuff.


I must admit, I'm becoming more and more excited as the mobile world starts to get better and better. For example, Thomas reckons that the best mobile device around these days is the i-mate JAM phone. It's much smaller than a conventional PDA, has loads of nice features and is more advanced than the usual smart phones. If only it had WiFi I'd buy it in an instant! But other than that it does have loads of nice features. I'm now hoping that I can find a .NET project that gives me a good reason to buy one of these things 8-)



Thomas also pointed out was stuff like this DVD to PocketPC Software which really starts to open up the options! Oh yes!

Finally there's nice add-ons such as the
TomTom GPS system that can be purchased stand alone or just plug into a mobile phone.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home