The blog of Tobin

Tobins nerd blog on .NET, Software, Tech and Nice Shiny Gadgets.

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Sexy Ruby Rails Revision Control

Rails keeps me in awe. I recently stumbled across the Rails "Source" section. From my 10 minute visit I found some amazing stuff in there (for me, at least!). There revision control tools look like the dogs bollocks, much prettier than the SourceForge/CVS/Subversion stuff I've seen to date.

Each time someone update the code, you can see a "changeset" or that update (example). This shows a list of atomic change sets.

You can view then go and view each change set, which reveals a really neat way of showing the files affected and the individual changes to the files like this. It's fantastic! I want it for my own development environment!

It's nice to see that a typical change-set includes an update to a unit test script, a change to the class itself, and then a change to the CHANGELOG file.

There's also a funky timeline showing change tickets coming in, being resolved and change sets being added.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Its Trac: http://trac.edgewall.com/

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home